Wednesday 4 March 2015

Our House - Dragon's Dream TIO, White and a Number.

Hello and welcome to Magpieheaven, where it's time for a brand new challenge to 'Dream with the Dragons'. What we are dreaming about this fortnight is White and a Number. This interesting recipe has been chosen for us by the lovely Gabrielle so get your thinking caps on and decide on the numbers that matter to you. We were so impressed with the tags you created for our last challenge chosen by Catherine, Pink and Hearts. The entries were creative, original and vivid. If you would like to join us at the Dragon's Dream, it's easy! All you have to do is to take a look at the inspiration here. Then. before you link up, make sure you've created a tag in which white is an important element, with at least one real stamped image on it and a number.



For the background to this jumbo tag, I used Fresco Finish paints in Guacamole, Blue Oyster and just a touch of Wisteria. I then stamped Tim Holtz's  Worn Alphabet letters over it in Snowflake. Next I cut some book text into a house shape, which I covered first in a wash of Snowflake and then a wash of Caribbean Sea edged with Inky Pool and Hey Pesto: I also stenciled the roof with flourishes by Prima in Hey Pesto and added some little white polka dots with the end of a paint brush dipped in Snowflake. I masked my house design and then created Snowflake circles around it, using a fabric conditioner lid, heat embossing my circles with clear embossing powder to give them texture. I also stamped some text from a Sara Nauman stamp plate by PaperArtsy and created some smaller circles using the tip of a cork dipped in Snowflake!




The choice of the number is significant: I expect you can guess why. It is our house number at Magpieheaven. My daughter has asserted since her childhood it's her favourite number! I used a combination of stamps for this project: Some Darcy Wilkinson stamps from PaperArtsy; some Artistic Outpost for the little houses and the sentiment.


I wanted to create the idea of the warmth of home on this tag so I painted the background to the little houses with a blend of PaperArtsy Frescos in Tangerine Twist, Banana and Cherry Red translucents over book text. I love Darcy Wilkinson's stamps, but I don't get to use them nearly enough on projects. On this tag, I stamped her steam-punk toad-stool in Jet Black Archival, clear embossed it and coloured it in with Hey Pesto, Tango and Banana, highlighting with white pen.


I used some Darcy foliage around the top of the house, again embossing to create depth. The Prima flower at the tip of the roof, has a silver bead painted white at the centre and there is a circle of little white pen dots around the hole in the tag.


The number 22 is such a special one to me, as it signifies 'Home'. What is an important number in your life? At the Dragons' Dream we'd love to see it on a tag this fortnight.

17 comments:

  1. Loving the Darcy mushroom Julie Ann, really sets off your Tag. Love your take on this weeks challenge,white can be a hard thing for some people :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contrasts between the whites and the warm oranges work really well Julie Ann, emphasising the warmth of number 22. Am sure that people are greeted warmly too! Love the White dots and the colourful Mushroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 is my house number too... your tag is beautiful! Love the extra colours you've used here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun Tag Julie Ann love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The touches of white pop against the warm tones of your backgrounds. I love the way you created the windows of the house and how you paired different PA designs, yet together they work so harmoniously.
    A wonderful piece of tag art.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, julie Ann, you have created such a warm glow around your house by the colours you have chosen and that's just how I imagine your home to be!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag Julie Ann, I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty tag Julie Ann. I love the inchies and that stained glass looking mushroom on the right is just fab!! Wonderful make my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the details on this Julie Ann! The colours look so vibrant against your background! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet tag! The house and it's surroundings are quaint. Love the reflections of the neighborhood in the spiffy clean windows! Awesome mushroom and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag Julie Ann! Great design and color scheme. Lovely house and steam punk
    mushroom. I love love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorrry for not being around for a while. You've been very busy and there are wonderful things to see. :) This is a fabulous tag with gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the way you put this together. Great colours and so much thought put into it. It's lovely. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I simply adore this tag, Julie Ann - the Serenity house is one of my favourite AO images, and it works brilliantly as the windows in your gorgeous little house. Fab addition of the steampunk mushroom too, and the bright and breezy colours are so uplifting.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag and a lovely sentiment Julie Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.