Friday 27 May 2016

Doodling at PaperArtsy

Hello and welcome to Magpieheaven! This evening I'm lucky enough to be over at PaperArtsy where the theme is 'Doodling'! I don't often make greetings cards these days, but for tonight's post I created three.



My starting point was a sketch, which I had scanned and then printed out, featuring Florence, who longs for Peace in this troubled world of ours.



I added some touches with Inktense water-colour pencil so that she stood out a little more from her Craft Card background, stuck her to the card with some Matte Medium and stamped with some text and circles from Sara Nauman's PaperArtsy stamp ESN10.



Florence appears to be glancing up at the circles, so I doodled freely inside them, creating little characters suggested to me by the shapes. Where one circle intersected another at the top of the card, I was reminded of the droopy moustaches sported by the trendiest young men in the early 'seventies!



White dots applied by cocktail sticks dipped into Snowflake Fresco provided highlights and I stamped part of the sentiment from ESN10 onto master-boards to reassure Florence that we should never give up hoping for the best, however bad things may seem!



For a more colourful variation, I used masking tape to ensure a straight edge...



and then brayered and spattered with Snowflake, Smurf and Inky Pool.



I used this technique on a card for a crafting friend, featuring another little painting based on a pre-school photo of my daughter.



Back with Florence, I enjoyed experimenting with gold embossed circles...



and the white embossed circles created a fairy tale, wintry impression, I felt.



Doodling is such a great way to unwind. I hope you'll pop over to PaperArtsy's blog and take a look at what the other contributors have been creating on this theme too - there have been some really original projects! Then, why not play along yourself and link up your take on doodling - you could win some PaperArtsy goodies! Have a lovely, creative week!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely doodles, lovely bubbles (especially the golden ones)... what a perfect theme for you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your drawings are so excellent! the faces have such personality to them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special piece Julie Ann - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your faces Julie Ann and I loved your paper artsy post!


    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florence….and her doodles are fabulous Julie Ann! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful face, so different from the last. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I just love that Florence-even with her worried look! Beautiful doodles my friend!
    Julie Ann, I will be off on the road for awhile,so will be missing some posts- I will check in when i can-just know,I love following you and will be back when I can!
    sending love and creative wishes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these doodled cards, Julie Ann - you may not do cards often any more, but when you do - wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving these doodled cards, Julie Ann - you may not do cards often any more, but when you do - wowza!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.