Tuesday 30 April 2013

Magpie's Face, Pink, Fabric Challenge!

Hello, on what has been a glorious sunny day in Magpie Heaven! As you may know I'm really new to blogging and this is my first attempt at the Dragons Dream Tag it on; it's certainly been lots of fun! So here goes my entry to
 http://dragon-dragonsdream.blogspot.co.uk/

Inspired by the words, Face, Pink and Fabric, I decided to give my tag a real vintage look so I used Tim Holtz distress inks in Walnut Stain, Broken China and Peacock Feathers, stroked them onto my craft mat and spritzed, then dragged a giant sized manila tag through. I then stained some cream linen with the same colours and stamped a Stampington 'Clearly Impressed' butterfly from the plate 'Butterfly Girl' in Ranger Archival ink and heat-set I also stamped this linen with some script from a Crafty Individuals script stamp. I printed a lovely vintage girl onto the linen from an image scanned into my computer and printed some playing card people, digital downloads onto linen too,

I embellished with Prima buttons, ribbon and pink lace as well as tiny tags, distressed with Tim Holtz inks and printed with Crafty Individuals script. Magpies are not noted for their sewing skills, but I did stitch on the buttons and lace on this project! I hope it's been a sunny day wherever you've been today and all the magpies you've seen have been in pairs. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag & great take on the recipe, Love the colours & beautiful image.. Thank you for dreaming with at Dragons Dream... May x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag and a beautiful image as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.