Wednesday 23 April 2014

Mail Art at Unruly Paper Arts!

Hello and Welcome to Magpieheaven! I hope my lovely followers old and new are all feeling on top of the world this April morning! I do appreciate having you along and I hope that you will find something to interest you. Have you received any 'Happy Mail' to brighten your day?This is just a sneak peek of an article I have over on 'Unruly Paper Arts' where the theme is 'Mail Art and Moos'. Please do take a look at my very first Unruly project as a columnist as well as what my team-mates  have been creating here!
We all love our laptops, our emails, Twitter and Facebook, but it's always a thrill to receive something personal and hand-crafted through the letter-box rather than the usual 'junk mail', so why not make something to send to a friend or loved one today? It doesn't have to be a birthday or Christmas to make someone's day special and you might even cheer up the postie with a bright, decorated envelope too.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic, I've been making 'posh' envies lately too, great aren't they xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Julie Ann! I love when the mail lady pulls into the driveway beeping! Makes for a happier, sunnier day! hugs to you across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be divine to receive mail art like yours! Helene from UPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Julie Ann! You are so talented. And I am very lucky as it did actually arrive through my door, and is even more beautiful in real life!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Lucy getting this in the mail from you, stunning colours and beautiful images :-)

    I do enjoy decorating all the envelopes i send but Mail Art is truly inspirational and includes a lot more detail, am in the middle of some at the moment, not been ok to finish them, am hoping to do that very soon.

    Thanks for the inspiration:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your art Julie Ann, wonderful colours and layers and both the card and envelope are beautifully detailed and finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic piece of mail art, Julie Ann - a wonderful creation for your first column.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miss Julie Ann sorry it's taken me so long to come and visit, congratulation on your first creation for Unruly Paper Art, this is SPECTACULAR, what an amazing piece of Art, I agree the envelope alone is GORGEOUS, the post card inside is AMAZING, my friend was here and I was reading it to her and we were just gobsmacked, how you added that image fabulous, it a FANTASTIC PIECE OF ART, my favorite part was those circles, I love them and must try them, thanks for sharing all this inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow absolutely awesome mail art, I really thought your first article was amazing, the creative detail and design is fabulous and I love every bit of it. You truly inspire me constantly. I was so unhappy with mine that month. So happy your with Unruly Paperarts :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.