Monday 15 December 2014

Speed Crafting!

Hello and welcome to Magpieheaven. Now something I've never been able to do is create a project really quickly! I've always marvelled at the lovely 'clean and simple' cards on fellow crafters' blogs; but somehow I've never been able to stop adding this or that detail, or creating yet another layer. Yesterday afternoon, though, panic struck! With all my cards finished and ready to post, I realized that I had no invitations for a little party we are giving for our neighbours! I had to work fast! In fact I had to work so fast I had no time to take step by step pictures of the cards. I also had to deliver them as soon as they were finished so apologies for the photos taken as I finished each one, in a rather dark corner with a daylight lamp! I will try to explain what I did and I hope you will like the new 'Clean and Simple' Magpie look that was rather 'forced' on me!
I had some Kraft card blanks left over, which I thought would go rather well with the simple look. Some I just left blank, but I gave others a strip of Tim Holtz, music note tissue tape down the side - I usually make my own, but no time today! For the background I just took a sheet of white card and painted it with a blend of PaperArtsy Frescos in Nougat and Stone. Then I brayered over with Antarctic and Snowflake. Next I took a large Stencilgirl stencil of Birds on branches and pounced over this with Hint of Mint and Guacamole. I added some script from my favourite gothic Mini stamp in Wendy Vecchi Cobalt Archival and wiped this with a baby-wipe almost immediately to create a faded look.


 Can you see what has become my favourite JOFY snowflake stamp there too - stamped in PaperArtsy Snowflake Fresco with a touch of lace from a Crafty Individuals lace background stamp? I took my trusty guillotine and just cut rectangles of all different sizes and then edged them with Evergreen Bough Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Finally I took some Chatsworth paper by PaperArtsy and stamped a Lynne Perrella medieval looking image all over it in the Cobalt Archival.
 This was then brutally and rapidly cut using Tim Holtz's leaves die. I coloured each leaf with a sponging of Evergreen Bough and then melted some Shabby Blue Frantage on the edges to suggest a frosty morning. These invitations took a couple of hours to produce. Now I know that's not exactly a speed challenge, but for a snail like me it's pretty good going!
 I do hope my guests will like them - and that my friends and followers will like Magpie's Speed Crafting! I hope you are all calm and super organized for Christmas! Have a great week. Warm Christmas wishes from a rather breathless Magpie!

13 comments:

  1. OMGosh- I am out of breath from reading so fast!! and now I am typing real fast to be the first to post! heehee
    Love your fast cards and I am sure your guests will be delighted also! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards and I bet you still had fun with all that stenciling, stamping, die-cutting and frantaging - your guests are going to love them. Calm and super-organised? Definitely not :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully made cards!!! I love the background colors and the leaves - oh my, they are fantastic!!! Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic invitations Julie Ann, now you can come an join in with our Speed Craft Challenge as you have proved you can do speedy cards lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous, and I know your neighbours will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're gorgeous - quick and dirty really works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! they are fabulous. I thought at first you had used a piece of scrapbook paper for the background and then I realised you had created it! I would be thrilled to receive one of these x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and smart cards Julie Ann. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Miss Julie Ann, your speedy cards are absolutely gorgeous, even if you didn't have time to create everything, most people don't, love the backgrounds on the cards that's what makes them so special and I'm sure your guest will love them too, who makes there own invitations these days. Your nest is looking so beautiful knew it would.. ((( BIG HUGS ))) Hope you and the family have a wonderful holiday season...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh - get you with your speed crafting... and they look gorgeous too! Love the blue greens against the krafty backgrounds (big surprise) - what a triumphant step out of your comfort zone. Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow speed crafting, something I can't do. I always love looking at the CAS cards that look so neat and tidy but I never managed to complete one, but yours are awesome, I bet you feel really proud. Everything you do is beautiful. Kezzy :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.