Monday 29 January 2018

La Chouette - cabaret artiste extraordinaire!

Hello and Welcome to Magpieheaven! January is drawing to a close and to celebrate the show that spring has in store for us, I have created a little hanging at Calico Craft Parts blog.


Please meet the owl cabaret performer who thrills the twilight world with her low, moody and longing call! She is known as Chouette. Apparently this is French for the kind of owl who has no tufted egrets on its head. It's also used as a term of endearment for a beloved - a wife, girlfriend or daughter - and it is connected with feelings of awe or joy, so it seemed the perfect name for this new owl character!

I have also been working on my pastel sketches of family and friends, so I hope to be blogging about these soon too. Until then have a lovely, creative time and look out for those signs of the great spring cabaret about to begin!

2 comments:

  1. I love her, and her beautiful name,- the wonderful colors and golden details, so amazing a creation, again, Julie -
    Dorthe, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Ann,Choutte is just wonderful! You know how much I love your special characters! She is beautiful and so graceful!
    love to you,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.