Monday 2 February 2015

A Little Bird Told Me - Great New Stamp Collection from Lin Brown!

A warm welcome to Magpieheaven. Phew, at last I can share what a little bird told me - that Lin Brown has created some beautiful, new stamp designs for PaperArtsy! You may already have seen a sneak peek here, and I'm sure you'll have been over to PaperArtsy to take a look. If you haven't, please do check out the beautiful designs Lin has created and the wonderful samples that are bound to inspire you! There's a video to watch too!



I was really excited when I heard that Lin had designed a new and rather different collection - I couldn't wait to see what she had come up with! As soon as I saw these quirky bird stamps, I knew they would be just perfect for a decorated Jumbo Peg!



You can fix these wooden pegs to the fridge with magnets to hold memos, or stand them on a desk, with a favourite postcard clipped into the top! I used mine to carry an encouraging message! This stamp set really lends itself to bright and colourful paint combos and these 'funky' birds encouraged me to 'spread' my 'wings' and soar in a new direction too!



The bird and sentiment on my peg are both from the brand new ELB17 and they are available from your favourite PaperArtsy stockist NOW. this is such a quick and simple make. I painted some Heavyweight Smoothy card with a nice bright yellow - Yellow Submarine or the gorgeous new Limited Collection Banana would be a good choice - and then stenciled randomly over it in a zingy shade of orange - Lin's new Fresco Finish Tangerine Twist is perfect. I then stamped the little bird in black Archival Ink, cut him out and - when he was dry - gave him several coats of Satin glaze. What is great about these birds is that they have a choice of wings on the plate, so you can create different looks by positioning the wings differently. I think this little bird looks a little bit tentative about taking off! Lin's stencils, created especially for the stamp sets create even more exciting possibilities!



Here words have wings! The swirly pattern in the background on the peg is on the stamp plate and I stamped it using Fresco finish paint in Guacamole.



Here I've used the same bird and the same message, but this time it's slipped between the petals of a Crackle glazed flower cut with a PaperArtsy die - and I used the tiny speckle stamp from the plate to create the flower centre! There's some Grunge Paste grass, lots of stenciling and I've highlighted in places with white pen. The giant leaves in the background are stenciled using what was left after die-cutting some PaperArtsy leaves.


ELB 18 features some wicked chickens and a tiny, but really useful stamp of little speckles! This worked so well for making some homemade Washi with painted and stenciled masking tape! Love that quiff and the curly eyebrow! Could this bird be about to start a career as an Elvis impersonator?


I just love how Lin has given each of these birds such character! Their hair-dos are amazing! This shy and retiring, yet beautiful creature looks as if she has a story to tell.


And - to my delight - they work well with Shrink Plastic too! The little green bird is a Shrink Plastic mini version of the one with the Mohican at the bottom of the tag. Thank you so much for stopping by. Please do  flutter over and take a look at the launch of these lovely new stamps at PaperArtsy here. These little birds are going to look great on home decor projects, journal pages, canvases - the possibilities are endless! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Many thanks to Lin and Leandra at PaperArtsy for giving me the opportunity to spread my wings and soar away with these!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely creations with Lin's new releases, Julie Ann ... that elegant long-leggedy bird seems to fit right in to your world! I love the delicate soft green panel mounted on the kraft card. And that final tag is a delight!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful samples with Lin's terrific new releases! You are amazing xxx #fact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic samples Julie Ann, you've done Lin & her birds proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl is gorgeous! love all your samples - congrats on getting your hands on these to play with early, you lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous array of projects Julie Ann! Love those birds! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful samples, Julie Ann!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stamps are so much fun, love all the great samples you made with them Julie Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Julie Ann for helping me with the launch of my new PaperArtsy stamps and paint. Your samples are beautiful and very much appreciated.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Julie Ann for helping me with the launch of my new PaperArtsy stamps and paint. Your samples are beautiful and very much appreciated.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking more Beyonce than Elvis with the put a bird on it lol sentiment but love the quiff on the chicken lol. you must have been delighted to work with such wonderful new stamps, loving the huge peg very much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing vibrant samples these birds are so much fun

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful!
    For starters your backgrounds are full of interest and wonderful use of GrungePaste and then we have those quirky little birdies, they would brighten anyone's day, wouldn't they?! I like the way you made use of the wings to have the sentiment flying.
    Lin should be very proud that you were one of her wingmen (believe me, there was no pun intended there!)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun samples Julie Ann and I love them all! They helped to make me fall in love with Lin's new stamps!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.