Wednesday 4 February 2015

Simply Beautiful In the Stars and Moonlight - Sara Nauman's New Stamp Collections!

Welcome to Magpieheaven, where I'm sharing another wonderful new stamp collection from PaperArtsy. I've loved Sara Nauman's highly adaptable and imaginative range of PaperArtsy stamps for some time now, so I was really excited to have the opportunity of creating some samples using these beautiful brand new stamps, which are featured over at PaperArtsy tonight. If you haven't done so already, please do take a look at all the samples on show and the video too. The great news is that these stamps are now available to buy from your favourite PaperArtsy stockist too!

Sara's art-work is just great for journalling, but I love how the stamps can be adapted for so many different projects. Here I used text and images from the fabulous ESN17 to create a greetings card. I created a masterboard using corrugated card, ripped in places and painted with Frescos and then cut to fit Kraft cards/



Stamp the star from the plate onto Shrink Plastic with a watered down application of Fresco paint and you can create a supply of your own coordinating embellishments. I added a sprinkle of Copper Frantage to the Shrink Plastic before heating it to give just a touch of fire - not literally, of course! Treasure Gold looks fabulous on corrugated card too!



 I created this masterboard by brayering colour onto the corrugated card and also stamping text, music and circles onto it with paint. Treasure Gold in Sapphire also added a great finishing touch.



The little circle stamp is ideal for creating your own Washi tape with painted and stenciled masking tape. Here I used the circles over a stencil of bricks. The stamp looks so different in Archival from the painty circles on the right. I love how the sentiments on the plates can be cut out and the words used separately to create 'Found Poetry'. The larger circles are simply lids dipped into paint.



The star stamp works just as well whether you display just a section like this, or feature it in its entirety! Again I added a fiery burst of frantage in copper.



I love circles and I stuck with the idea of all things circular for this tag using the elements from ESN18.

One of my childhood dreams was to be a fashion designer and now my daughter is studying fashion, so this plate with its 'haute couture' theme really appealed. The fabric swatch stamp  adapted well to creating Washi tape. I've lots of little strips of the tape here. The handles of the little Prima wooden scissors; the stamped button; the paint circles and the head and shoulders framed within Glossy Accents in a bottle top all contribute to the theme on the tag.



 With this card I wanted to create the impression of the Fashion Designer's sketchbook. I love the different text on this plate - everything from type-face to the beautiful handwritten scrap of an address - I wonder what elegant lady lives there? The simplicity and elegance of line in the vintage sketch reminds me of Coco Chanel whose styles so liberated women in the twentieth century. Her clothes were for women who led active independent lives and they were the epitome of chic! Thank you so much to PaperArtsy for giving me the opportunity to play with these new stamps and to Sara for inspiring me with her original designs. Thank you too for stopping by Magpieheaven today and taking a peek at what I've been up to.

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful work with Sara's new stamps, Julie Ann - the delicate elegant layers of text fit into your design world so well, and the colours are so pretty too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Ann, your samples are fantastic!!!! I LOVE the backgrounds and you've put everything together so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such creative, beautiful samples! I love them all Julie Ann! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, they caught my eyes immediately while watching the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You created some beautiful samples with these new stamps, they all look fabulous! I've got Sara's set with the stars and can't wait to play (although as you know, i may avoid the shrink plastic....!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant work with creating shrink plastic stars .... you really are Queen of Shrink!
    Also the way you stamped the star only partially onto the tag is amazing as is that little blast of frantage. There are so many elements which caught my eye.
    Like yourself I also enjoyed creating found poetry for one of my star samples. In fact when I was creating that particular sample you popped into my head because I remember you said, it doesn't seem so long ago, that you would like to explore found poetry with text from books.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie Ann your art is lovely ...don't new stamps get the creative wheels spinning?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Julie Ann, but you know I love a bit of wobbly card lol, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally I made it to your blog to praise your gorgeous designs Julie Ann. You did Sara's stamps proud! So many different features I could pick out to praise on this selection of samples but it would take all day they are so wonderful. I particularly like the head and shoulders of the haute couture lady being highlighted in the bottle top.....great idea and the shrunk stars are fab too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful pieces showcasing Sara's new stamps Julie Ann! I love the shrink plastic stars- so fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful new images andit seems you've had a great play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That are amazing designs - great what you did with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you've done with Sara's stamps. the corrugated masterboard is lovely and the fashion sketchbook card is perfectly vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Theses are gorgeous - love those colours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.