Wednesday 15 May 2013

WOYWW - Kittens!

Hello Everyone at WOYWW! This is now officially my favourite day of the week, when I get to spend time seeing what's being created on the work-tables of the world without having so much as to flutter a wing. Thank you so much Julia at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ for giving us all so much fun. I am miserable to discover that I won't be able to join everyone for the anniversary because I will be on holiday on the 29th May; I couldn't believe it when I looked it up in my diary! I really wanted so much to join in the ATC swap because many many moons ago, long long before I started blogging I used to look longingly at the ATCs on the internet for hours, wishing I could be part of something like that and join in a swap. Anyway, Julia has very kindly said I can swap with her so many thanks for that, Julia - can't tell you how happy that's made me.
I can't wait to see what people have been up to this week. I finished my exploding box - hurray - some of you said you would be interested to see how it turned out; if you have the time to go to http://magpieheaven.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/shadow-dance-arty-review.html you can see. I actually managed better photos of this than I thought possible from a photographically challenged magpie because I took them in our conservatory and learned how to use the zoom!
 This week I've got all my stuff out to first finish off a tag for the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge which is the letter K. This is the first time I've entered. I am what is called a 'newbie'. At the same time I can't wait to start some ATCs. I am playing with the idea of the madness of Alice in WOYWWland, but I won't say any more than that for now except it includes cups of tea, rabbits worried they're going to be late and magpies perched on top of towers!
Again it was really grey this morning when I took this photo. Kelly sent me some fantastic hints about photography on grey days but so far I've not been able to buy the kind of foam she suggested to make a light box. I'll keep looking and meanwhile pray for sunny days! Anyway, here is my kitten label waiting for me to work on it, on its little easel so I can get an idea of how it looks. In the background are my ATCs. My Frescos are out and my distress inks and blender and I may just have time to do a little something before the world descends on me! Have a great day everyone. I'll try to fly by as many of you as I can when I can snatch minutes during the day!

23 comments:

  1. Nice selection of paints there I really like them to
    Tag looks fab
    Jackie 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was going to be away for the anniversary and I was thinking of ways to participate. I thought of making a post and then asking WOYWWers to link me up! The one who remembers will get a gift from me! I think someone will be nice enough to do it too! Alice of WOYWWland sounds grand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww loving your little kitty tag, and the atc idea sound cool too.
    happy woyww
    Hugz Minxy #19

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tag, and glad you can join in with the atc swap!! have a good day... helen 16, impatiently waiting for my phone (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab tag and I'm happy to wait til you get back off holidays if you would like to swap ATCs with me....just email me if you're interested at wipso@toucansurf.com.
    Hugs,
    A x # 47

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delightful tag - that will be awesome :-) Love your little bitty easel too. How cute :-)
    Happy WOYWW 206

    Ike x #101

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie Ann
    I did see your exploding box and it was amazing so much work has gone in to it.
    Love what you have done with the tag and look forward to seeing your ATC's
    Have a great WOYWW today and a fabby week
    Ria #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of your tag. Hope you have a great holiday.
    Happy WOYWW. Pam#14

    ReplyDelete
  9. The exploding box is fantastic! Well done you, it looks really complex to make..... And I love the colours of your kitten tag...it reminds me of autumn as does the weather today!!!
    Hugs, LLJ 29 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is stunning. Love the colors and images. Thanks for stopping by. happy crafting #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. From one Alpha Challenger to another - your tag is GORGEOUS - so glad you're playing along as it means we'll get to see more of your beautiful work. Thank you for your visit, have a creative week MMx #114

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh kitten for the Alpha challenge, the closest I have got to a kitten is my cat for décopatching. Thanks for popping by today BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little kitten! Don't let my little tale of woe about my friend bother you - most crafters are lovely! Thanks for visiting! I'm signing up as follower and will look you up again! Chris145 x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitten is just purrrrfect ;-)
    Happy Wednesday Karin 144

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet Kitten :) I made a light box by covering the inside with white paper cut holes thru them and then had white tissue paper on the outside took amazing photos. I so miss it as we don't have the space for it now but at least it only cost a little bit to make so no worries
    happy WOYWW Nikki #2

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie. The box turned out perfect! And no worries on the foam core board. You can also use white mat board or drape a white cloth over anything. It's the combination of the white 'walls' and the lighting from all directions that does the trick. You could even drape a chair in white cloth and position a floor lamp to shine down from above. Hope these help. But for now, we can see your creations and that's what's important. ;-) Hugs & Creative Blessings - Kelly #124

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Julie, I was to busy to play yesterday, I'm glad you had time, love the tag, how you have those piece on the side,beautiful colors.
    I was wondering if you use picasa, I can fix any picture I take, with it..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow so loving the kitten tag. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for all the kind comments you send my way. I really appreciate all your beautiful words and so love your artwork. I have lacked a bit commenting as it's accounts season but all will be finished in two weeks lol then I'm taking some time off lol. I would loveto swap with you, I wwould be honoured to have a piece of your artwork. And maybe in the future we could carry on swapping. Happy woyww :-) many hugs Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your tag, I've been meaning to join in on this challenge but haven't yet managed it ... lol! Thanks for your visit and a belated Happy Woyww Liz@130

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you've gotten "addicted" to WOYWW -- it's a very benign, perhaps even healthy(?) addiction. :-) I like your colorful tag. Happy WOYWW (on Friday -- speaking of being late for an important date, ha!) ~ Laura #154 (bookworm.typepad.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  21. G'day Julie Anne
    thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment for WOYWW. As usual I'm late getting around but here I am at last :o). Your exploding box turned out amazing!!! The kitten tag looks gorgeous too :o)
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #11

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't played in WOYWW for ages. I'll have to now that I have my desk up. No excuses :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.