Wednesday 1 May 2013

WOYWW Magpie?

This is probably the messiest, most cluttered work space you will ever have seen! So sorry, as it's my first visit to WOYWW. I have this corner of the dining table but I have to clear away for meal-times or when I tutor 'A' level students. My aim this week is to create a piece of craft that is a response to what I'm reading for Darcy's April ARC challenge. I was going to do a journal page but then I thought that a shrine might be more appropriate to the book I've been reading - 'Shadow Dance' by Angela Carter. I've just completed making some shrink plastic charms for the outside of the shrine and painted a die-cut birdcage and railing which I'm going to crackle glaze. My aim is to create a mini-junk shop which is the centre of the action in Carter's novel. I haven't much time to do this post because any minute my family will be arriving and wanting feeding!
 In my Lynne Perrella book on journaling it seems you can make a journal out of anything...so I thought what about a collection of mini-shrines, one for each book? Mmmn, now where will I put them eventually?
There are so many things I want to try out since I've been blogging. Other bloggers are so inspirational that I've been fluttering round in circles and my bird-brain is threatening to explode with all the new ideas! And as for the ever-expanding hoard of art materials - let's not go there! Anyway, these shrink plastic attempts are lying in wait to become part of my art shrine - when it arrives from Retro Cafe Art Gallery! I've been experimenting with colouring them with alcohol inks.
Here's another view of the debris! I just hope nothing permanent found its way off the mat and onto the table! Always a problem, that!

Anyway, do hope you can flutter by Magpie Heaven and take a peek at the chaos! Hope I can transform it into something worthwhile in snatched minutes during the next few days!


8 comments:

  1. Hey, fancy seeing you here!!! love your desk. Doesn't look that bad to me (but you've seen my space!!) helen, 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not the messiest, but messy is good, isn't it??? I googled your book and it sound lie a shrine will be perfect and cant wait to see what you create, I love wht you have done already and I'll be back to see it finished. Have a wonderful creative day fellow magpie, birds of a feather and all that :):)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to WOYWW, so very addicting. Glad to have you aboard the Wednesday ride. Your space is very creative and really doesn't look bad at all. Great stuff on your table/desk.
    Krisha #36

    PS you'll get more comments with word verification turned off

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to WOYWW you are now part of the family and you will become addicted very quickly. I will be back to see what you make with all that lovely stuff on your desk
    Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you get plenty of crafting time
    Ria #113

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a very busy desk to me!
    Have a great crafty week!
    Happy Very late WOyWW!

    (((Lyn))) #142

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the space of a very creative person with a great imagination to me. A shrine seems like a great idea for 'Shadow Dance'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your messy space, sign of a genius at work ... lol! Thanks for sharing and a belated Happy Woyww Liz@55

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and busy crafty space. It's well loved. :)

    Maggie xx

    http://maggiescraft.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/craftypartofme?ref=seller_info

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.