Wednesday 22 May 2013

WOYWW - A Mess! Courtesy of Daisy!

Hello everyone stopping by from WOYWW. Other visitors do take a look at Julia's blog where you can link up to crafters here, there and everywhere every Wednesday and have a nose at what's on their desks/tables etc. Many thanks to Julia athttp://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ who makes the Wednesday fun possible! Last week I was working on a kitten tag for the Craft Barn Alpha Dictionary Challenge and I made the mistake of saying that kittens give me a warm glow! As Dianne, my magpie cousin pointed out they can ruffle your feathers, and this is what my cat Daisy just did! OK at twelve she's no kitten and she doesn't show that much interest in ruffling the feathers of many birds these days; but this is the magpie ribbon box after she 'helped' sort it for me while I was getting the camera set up! I'd had the ribbons out so I could find some suitable trim for a canvas I'd been working on for the Paper Artsy Challenge inspired by Carol Quance this week.
Here's another view of the muddle Miss Daisy created with her tiny, creative paws!
                                     
I always wondered I'd done with that vintage photo I'd printed onto fabric - still not sure what I'll do with it! Now when I've finished tidying that all up, I can get on with the ATCs I'm making for the WOYWW Anniversary. There's a big pile of blanks waiting to be done too! I won't be here next week, as I have to go to Stratford on Avon. I'm so sad that I won't be near a lap-top on this special day, but as soon as I get back on Thursday I'll send ATCs to anyone who would like me to. I am already swapping with Kezzy and Annie, but if anyone else would like to swap I'd be happy to. I'll just have to keep crafting away!
Magpie daughter, Matilda has now broken up from art college and I can hear the whoops and thumps of her doing her exercise video as I work on the ATCs. So much energy first thing in the morning! How long will it last? I have been making tiny, little envelopes to fit into slots in the ATCS. The lovely Alice images are paper cuts from Retro Cafe Art Gallery and I've been painting my backgrounds with Paper Artsy Frescos.
As you may be able to see the theme of the cards is Alice in WOYWW Land, a place where anything can happen. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by. I want to try to get round to as many people as possible today so I'm just fluttering off to check out some desks. See you Soon! 


25 comments:

  1. Straford is so nice that really, you won't miss out at all! Loving your ATCs..have finally done mine so you can expect it...soon! Your post-pussy cat ribbon collection looks like mine. And I don't have a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ATC's! That pile of yours does look like my ribbon box, doesn't it!!! Hey ho. I just shoved the lid back on and put it away...Helen 5 (but you know that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I was just about to say you and Helen have a matching pair of ribbon storage.. Your atc's look super cute, sorry you're gonna miss the anniversary but im sure peeps will still swap with you.. I'm still wondering if i'll get any ATC's made in time lol
    Minxy #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love one of those Alice themed atc's, they are fabulous, so I will swap gladly with you. Must get on with mine. My addie is achickson@yahoo.co.uk if you want to contact for snail addresses.
    I had to smile at your lovely cat's mischief but look what she unearthed for you. Must have been a reason for her rummaging and there it is.

    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll swap with you. Send me an email..the link is on the right hand side bar, and we'll see what occurs!!
    Love Stratford! Have fun there :)
    Hugs, LLJ 40 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think they are just wonderful. Not sure mine measure up but I'd swap with you :)

    Happy WOYWW!
    MA (7)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Alice cards or are they your ATCs couldn't quite tell. Thanks for visiting me today and entering the spoon draw BJ#51

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forgot to say your cat has been quite a scamp, my décopatched one is very good - LOL BJ#51

    ReplyDelete
  9. The atcs look great, I need to start on mine asap
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie-Anne
    I love that your cat got in there to help you with all the ribbon sorting.
    Your ATC's are looking amazing I am still trying to make some more
    Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
    Ria #74

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you see why I don't allow Bleubeard anywhere near either of my craft spaces (grin). Kitty paws can be murder on ribbon. Lovely ATCs, though.

    Happy WOYWW from #10.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie Ann, You have been busy with your atc's they all look fab. I like the Alice ones but my favourite is the birdie one. I have about 9 on the go to get ready for next week. I have to laugh at your ribbons, I bet it takes you ages to find the ends and unravel that lot now. That will teach you, pussy cats and ribbon boxes - bad combination. Have a lovely day and thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Hugs Mo x #60

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie Ann, Love your collection of ribbons mine look like that without the addition of a little moggy to mess them up! you should not have revealed those gorgeous ATC's as you are going to be kept very busy with people wanting to get their hands on them, that includes me ! so if you want to add my name to your growing list i'd love to do a swop happy crafting Toni#138

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ATC's look fantastic...love the Alice theme. I can make a mess with a container of ribbons just like your cat!! Have a great time away. Happy WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your ATCs are great. I'm not sure how many I will get finished with being out of town for a 4 day weekend, but I'll trade with you.
    You can find my e-mail button under my profile, and we can exchang addys.
    Krisha #50

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful ATCs, our pets seem to be having a mischievous week this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perhaps your cat was thinking you really need to do something with that vintage photo and unearthed it for you?

    And aren't you clever, coming up with the Alice in WOYWW Land! Love it. Have fun on your trip. I'll be away on vacation next week but I'm hoping my friend will allow me use of her laptop. My desk is going to be interesting!

    Thanks for visiting me already.
    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (6)

    ReplyDelete
  18. FANTASTIC, I can hardly stop laughing hahahah, I'll try to stop ^-^. Isn't Miss Daisy precious, hehehe, okay I'll be serious now. There is some lovely things in that ribbon bin, who wouldn't want to play in there hmhmhm. Your ATCs are fabulous, they are perfect for the swap, your backgrounds a all lovely, love you did tiny notes, way kool, I especially love the card for the Queen.
    Going to Stratford on Avon, lucky girl, do have a fabulous time, you will be missed. Thanks for sharing and my laugh for the day, now I can get to my desk and just have some fun. Have a wonderful creative day. Oh and thanks for mentioning you had to add your no. after your comment I didn't realize that..
    Magpie Dianne #96

    ReplyDelete
  19. My girl can make a lot of mess too but she has 2 hands instead of 4 paws! Have fun sorting it out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. G'day Julie Anne
    thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for WOYWW. Haha re Daisy...its darn funny what cats get up too...mine is called scoot because he intermitantly goes nuts and lepas of the furnture at a fast pace. Love the Alice themed art you have made. Retro Cafe is one of my shopping haunts too for my jewellery making :o)
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #4

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aha... kittyness in the ribbon basket! I have one that loves ribbons... they aren't worth using after he has finished with them though! Enjoy your trip to Stratford! Love your ATC's, would love to swap with you if you have one spare! Annette #23

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oops, sorry Julie Anne, my email addy is voodoo.vixen@btinternet.com hopefully we can now swap addresses! LOL Annette #23

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Julie my kitty never helps me craft he's loves to take all the ribbon and hoard it and any paper that is about he loves to claim as his own by sitting on it lol Plus there's the constant need to pet him ... how do I manage any crafting I wonder lol
    thanks for visiting hugs Nikki # 9

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow... Julie Anne, your ATCs are totally fantastic! Love those beautiful images. Thank you so much for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooooh!! what gorgeous ATCs!! you are so clever turning all those messed-up bits n bobs into such wonderful creations :)
    sorry it's taken so long to reply - the days have just evaporated!
    happy belated WOYWW x

    ReplyDelete

Due to high level of spam recently I have enabled comment moderation on this blog, so any comments will be moderated before appearing on the blog.